Dave Hauser Business of the Year Award
The Dave Hauser Business of the Year Award recognizes a local business that has demonstrated consistent and significant support of the creation and presentation of art in our community. Candidates’ generosity helps ensure that local creativity and innovation will thrive. Candidates continually set the standard for excellence and serve as a role model for others.
Submit your nomination here. Award nominations are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 16th, 2020.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be a business located in the greater Eugene area
- Have had a significant role in empowering and building the arts sector
- Have a visionary and innovative approach to championing the arts
Nominators must complete an official nomination form based on the following criteria:
- Candidates demonstrate a deep understanding and appreciation of the arts
- Candidates’ leadership may have affected several arts organizations in the community or be demonstrated by a longstanding commitment to one particular organization.
- Candidates may have distinguished themselves as leaders in support of the arts either through a single endeavor or a consistent history of commitment.
- Candidates’ history of support includes but is not limited to cash or in-kind gifts, donated services, volunteerism, and employee participation.
- The scope of impact and support should extend beyond candidates’ immediate business interests
Winners are selected by a committee of past winners and ABAE board members. Nominations typically open in January or February, and close in March. The award is presented by the Mayor of Eugene at the spring BRAVA event in June.
2019 Dave Hauser Business of the Year Award Winner: Drawn
Past Recipients of the Dave Hauser Business of the Year Award: