Join us for our next BRAVA Breakfast on Friday, November 1, 2019, for more information or to register click here.
BRAVA is a sparkling celebration of the arts in our community, and a testament to the power of partnerships.
Twice a year, in June and November, members of Eugene’s arts and business communities gather at BRAVA to find inspiration, make new connections, and honor the local people and organizations that are finding innovative ways to embrace and support the arts.
The spring BRAVA event celebrates innovative arts-and-business partnerships, and recognize local artists, arts organizations, and businesses that have made significant positive contributions to the quality of life in our community. The fall BRAVA event in November seeks to inspire through the work and words of a noted thinker, artist, or arts and business activist.
Both BRAVA events feature a Spotlight Performance by a local artist or art organization. Past performers include: Eugene-Springfield Youth Orchestras, Ballet Fantastique, Harmonic Laboratory, Kelly Thibodeaux, Cinema Pacific Film Festival, Oregon Contemporary Theatre, West African Cultural Arts Institute, Eugene Opera, and Radio Redux.
BRAVA events are among Eugene’s most-anticipated celebrations. Since 2010, BRAVA has provided a unique platform for recognizing the positive cultural and economic benefits of the arts and business partnerships.
ABAE presents four awards at the spring BRAVA event:
- The Eugene Arts and Letters Award is presented to an individual who has made an exceptional contribution to the arts and culture of Eugene;
- The Fentress Endowment Award is awarded to a local arts organization for its exceptional work and achievement in the arts;
- The Arts and Business Partnership Award recognizes the prior year’s most noteworthy arts and business partnerships.
- The Dave Hauser Business Patron Award recognizes a local business that has demonstrated consistent and significant support of the creation and presentation of art in our community.
The fall BRAVA event includes an inspiring keynote address.
Past speakers include:
- 2018 – Andrew Robinson, brand anthropologist
- 2017 – Clayton Lord, vice president of Local Arts Advancement Americans for the Arts
- 2016 – Jeff “JC” Geiger, author and local arts provocateur
- 2015 – Patricia Dewy Lambert, Ph.D., associate professor and director of the University of Oregon’s Arts and Administration Program
- 2014 – Brian Rogers, executive director of the Oregon Arts Commission and the Oregon Cultural Trust
- 2013 – Suzanne Bonamici, Oregon State Representative
- 2012 – Randy Cohen, vice president of research at Americans for the Arts
- 2011 – Kari Westlund, Travel Lane County; Jon Ruiz, City Manager of Eugene; and Dave Hauser, Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 – Eric Friedenwald-Fishman, founder and creative director of the Metropolitan Group
Become a BRAVA Sponsor
We offer many benefits to BRAVA sponsors, including speaking opportunities, logo display, and head table seating. For levels and details see our sponsorship page or contact ABAE Executive Director Kelly Johnson.