|Job Title:||Executive Director, Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene|
|Compensation:||Commensurate with experience|
|Dated:||March 5, 2018|
The Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene (ABAE)-a unique partnership of the City of Eugene, Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce, Lane Community College, University of Oregon, and Travel Lane County-is dedicated to enriching the cultural life of the community by inspiring dynamic partnerships between the arts, education, public and business sectors.
The Executive Director of the Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene (ABAE) will be responsible for working with the Board of Directors to implement all aspects of the ABAE Strategic Work Plan. Specific responsibilities include:
- Programmatic Execution: Lead all efforts on behalf of board members, contractors, vendors, and community volunteers to efficiently and effectively implement ABAE’s regular programs including BRAVAs, Arts After Hours, Creative Academy seminars, Arts and Business Loan Program, and Arts and Business Service Exchange.
- Public Representation: Act as ABAE’s primary representative in the community; proactively advocate for the congruent interests of the arts and business communities in relevant forums; and, work with like-minded organizations to ensure broad-based support for the arts in the Eugene community.
- Advancement: Coordinate, manage, and implement board-led development efforts including: charitable grant proposals, local business sponsorships; earned income opportunities; individual donations; and founding partner financial support.
- Marketing: Manage ABAE’s marketing efforts including social media, website, and print material; outreach to local media to promote the interests of the organization; and representation of ABAE’s mission in relevant forums.
- Strategic Planning: Coordinate an annual board strategic planning process; present ABAE Board members with strategic opportunities to advance the organization’s mission in addition to regular programming; and, develop ways to support the art and business related aspect of ABAE’s founding partners.
- Administrative Coordination: Oversee and manage the ABAE business plan; facilitate monthly board meetings and committee meetings as necessary; lead development and administration of the ABAE budget; execute the daily business of ABAE in a professional, efficient manner; ensure ABAE compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and non-profit management best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little daily supervision
- Ability to lead, teach, and train
- Capability to think strategically
- Financial acumen
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgement and make decisions within scope of assigned responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast paced environment with distractions
- Experience with event planning
- Understanding of how to balance multiple partner and sponsor interests.
- Utmost integrity and professionalism
- Active interest in the arts
- Business Relationships
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Non-profit management experience
- Proficiency in word processing, presentation software, spreadsheets, online scheduling, project management, and communication tools
- A track record of working independently; proven leadership experience
- Experience in preparing communications and marketing plans
- Non-profit financial management and planning
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
How to Apply
Send a single file (preferably PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- A letter describing your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position;
- Your current resume with phone, address, and email contact information;
- The names and contact information for three professional references; and,
- A writing sample of which you are the sole author.
The file name on your electronic application should contain YourLastNameABAEDirector.pdf (for example: JonesABAEDirector.pdf)
Position is open until filled; application review will begin on April 1, 2018.